Thursday, February 3, 2011

Off The Map.

Does anyone watch the show Off The Map? Well last nights episode was about a new doctor to the island finding out the her 86 year old terminal patient was a Nazi during ww2. No one knew who he really was because he used a fake name when he went to the island.

This man was loved on the island for his work with children, he even saved a Childs life. He had lived on the island for over 60 years, it's where he ran to after the war. The new doctor wanted to turn him in to the government and have him go to jail. The doctors that had been on the island for a long time said to let him die at his home on the island he wouldn't live past the night anyways.

In the end she turned him in and he did live past the night. She was also forced to tell the children that looked up to him where he was going. She said he had to o to a bigger hospital to get better and he would be fine.

My question is what would you do? Would you look past him being a Nazi due to the fact he was 86 and on his death bed? Or would you turn him in because your thought it yes, I caught a Nazi he should be punished for what he did and show him he didn't get away with it.

I'm not sure what side I would pick. I can see both sides. I can't imagine how someone that was Jewish would feel or do. Or is it not painful for everyone because it has been over 70 years now and generations have come and gone? But I do know I completely hate the fact that a Nazi was able to become a Pope.

No comments:

Post a Comment